Dhaka Funeral Services: Embalming
Many funeral homes in Dhaka require embalming if you’re planning a viewing or visitation. But embalming generally is not necessary or legally required if the body is buried or cremated shortly after death. Eliminating this service can save you hundreds of dollars.
Under the Funeral Rule, a Dhaka funeral provider:
– may not provide embalming services without permission
– may not falsely state that embalming is required by law in Dhaka
– must disclose in writing that embalming is not required by law, except in certain special cases
– may not charge a fee for unauthorized embalming unless embalming is required by state law
– must disclose in writing that you usually have the right to choose a disposition, such as direct cremation or immediate burial in Dhaka, that does not require embalming if you do not want this service
– must disclose in writing that some funeral arrangements, such as a funeral with viewing, may make embalming a practical necessity and, if so, a required purchase
Dhaka Funeral Services: Burial Vaults or Grave Liners
Burial vaults or grave liners, also known as burial containers, are commonly used in ‘traditional,’ full-service funerals in Dhaka. The vault or liner is placed in the ground before burial, and the casket is lowered into it at burial. The purpose is to prevent the ground from caving in as the casket deteriorates over time. A grave liner is made of reinforced concrete and will satisfy any cemetery requirement in Dhaka. Grave liners cover only the top and sides of the casket. A burial vault is more substantial and expensive than a grave liner. It surrounds the casket in concrete or another material and may be sold with a warranty of protective strength.
State laws do not require a vault or liner, and Dhaka funeral providers may not tell you otherwise. However, keep in mind that many cemeteries in Dhaka require some type of outer burial container to prevent the grave from sinking in the future. Neither grave liners nor burial vaults are designed to prevent the eventual decomposition of human remains. It is illegal for funeral providers to claim that a vault will keep water, dirt or other debris from penetrating into the casket if that’s not true.
Before showing you any outer burial containers, a funeral provider in Dhaka is required to give you a list of prices and descriptions. It may be less expensive to buy an outer burial container from a third-party dealer than from a funeral home or cemetery. Compare prices from several sources before you select a model.
Dhaka Funeral Services: Preservative Processes and Products
As far back as the ancient Egyptians, people have used oils, herbs and special body preparations to help preserve the bodies of their dead. Yet, no process or products have been devised to preserve a body in the grave indefinitely. The Funeral Rule prohibits funeral providers from telling you that it can be done. For example, Dhaka funeral providers may not claim that either embalming or a particular type of casket will preserve the body of the deceased for an unlimited time.